Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day

So, its Memorial Day weekend...everyone i know is out and about doing things...I am kinda stuck in Bangor...i had an offer for somene to come get me, but i felt to guilty to take them up on the offer, so i just been hanging out on my own...my friends didnt even show up last night, didnt even call to tell me they werent coming...go figure...oh well, more important is what this coming day means....

So ive known quite a few men who have been in the Army...My great grandfather Plews died in WWII...I came from his blood and never got to meet him...He died defending our Freedom...Ive known so many to fight for what we have today, and still know a few...so here is the list as i can remember...My dad served in the Military around the time that i was born...i have 3 uncles that have served...one fought in Desert storm...my grandfather Carlson served in the Korean War...My sister in laws ex boyfriend was in iraq...and My Heart will be there again as of December...i knowi am missing some, andi am sorry if i am...not intentional...On this day of days instead of feeling sorry for yourself for what you dont have, be thankful for what these and others have given you...Put your troubles aside for a day, and say thank you to someone who has served, or is serving now...

Thank you Nick for putting yourself out there to keep my family safe...That means the world to me...And i am so proud to call myself your girlfriend, and to have the chance to love a man like you..THANK YOU...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket