Monday, July 9, 2007

more great grandma

Thank you to everyone that sent energy and prayers for my family...my great grandmother Carlson passed away last night...just as my dream told me she would...kinda creepy...the family is dealing well with it...i think mostly because we knew it was happening...but you always hold out hope that they will get better no matter what shape they are in...the next couple of days are gonna be rough...very rough...not only am i attending the viewing and the funeral, but there will be family there that i see very rarely...she was well medicated so she felt barely, or no pain at all...for that i am very thankful...the full affect of it hasnt hit me yet...but i have a couple days to go..so we will see....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Prayer of Passage
Oh GoddessThere is great sadnessA cherished one has gone
Emptyness engulfs meLoss languishes withinHelp me bear this grief
Accompany their spiritComfort we who grieveLet us rejoice in their life
May their essence be recordedIn the Great Book of ShadowsRenew our rememberance with joy

3 comments:

EStump said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma Tara. Please accept our Deepest Sympathies.

Here are a couple of poems that I found comfort in when My Carolina passed on. I think the sentiment is a great source of peace for all who have lost someone they love. May you find peace and courage...

<3, Erin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!

Mary Frye (1932)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gone From My Sight

I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white
sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says;
"There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"
Gone from my sight. That is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone
at my side says, "There, she is gone!" There are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad
shout;

"Here she comes!"

And that is dying.

~ Henry Van Dyke, a 19th Century clergyman, educator, poet, and religious writer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turn Again to Life

If I should die and leave you here a while, be not like others sore undone, who keep long vigil by the silent dust. For my sake turn again to life and smile, nerving thy heart and trembling hand to do something to comfort other hearts than thine. Complete these dear unfinished tasks of mine and I perchance may therein comfort you.

~ Mary Lee Hall
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erica said...

People should read this.

Tara S. said...

erica, thank you for stopping in..

if you dont mind me asking, why should people read this? i just wasnt sure what you meant..