Thursday, September 27, 2007

PREJUDICE, IGNORANCE, HATE

I grew up believing that every mans faith was his own, and that what a person believes is what gets them through this life...I have my beliefs, but i dont expect anyone else to follow them...i do expect that as long as i am not forcing my issues on anyone else that i should be left alone to believe, and live my life the way i see fit...I dont understand the idea of hating someone for what they believe...friday night this community was hit hard by an act of violence that would devistate any religion...I have been thinking about this all day...and trying to come up with the words to explain myself...but now that i am sitting here typing this, im at a loss as to what i want to say...Someone i had the pleasure meeting on about a dozen occasions was beaten on Friday night...I Dont know all of the facts, but this struck a nerve with me...first of all, this man, no matter what his religion, is a really nice man...He was beaten to the point of having to have brain surgery, and is on life support...Left on the side of the road like he didnt matter...he is still in a coma, and hasnt regained consiousness since he was found...yeah, its possible that it was just a random act of violence...but i have a really strong feeling that it wasnt...

i had so many thoughts running through my head, and now i cant seem to get them straight, so im leaving at that...I was standing in the shower, and everything i wanted to put here was coming to mind, and now i cant think...all i can say is it takes a real coward to beat a man that way...yep a coward, because, a real man would talk out there differences instead of doing stupid things to hurt someone in any way...I am mad, and maybe that is why i cant get everything out the way i want it to come out...so, maybe i will try again tommorrow...

1 comment:

Stump Home said...

I am speechless! Wow.