Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Silence

Do you ever notice how strange it is when you have total silence...Seems like the TV or radio is on at all times...Or there is always the kids noise, which in all actuality is a beautiful noise...but there is always background noise...it is kind of like we are afraid of silence...afraid to take a moment of nothingness...I realized today that i was getting annoyed with the things on the TV...So I made a challange to myself to turn it off...I wasnt watching it anyway...My first instinct when the Tv was turned off, was to head to the kitchen and turn on the radio...As i stood there with my hand on the button i decided against it and made a decision to feel the silence...It was great...I really enjoyed it...I got a few things done, then took the time to sit in the silent house and write for a couple of minutes, then read for a while...i really dont know how long it has been for me since i sat in total silence and just let my mind work....Very relaxing, and i feel renewed, and feel better about the end of the school day coming...I challenge to you turn off the tv, and the radio for a little while each day and just be alone with the silence...it does wonders for a person....

1 comment:

Stump Home said...

I did this yesterday as well. I find it helps me center when I shut every sound around me off!