Monday, October 22, 2007

i'm the girl

i found this on a site i belong to and had to share it...

"I'm The Girl""

I'm the girl standing behind you in line at the grocery store, eyeing the newest Support Our Troops magnet. The look on my face is complacent and my thoughts are miles away on some military base I've only been verbally described over the phone.I'm the young woman in the next car with the windows rolled up and the glassy visage only on the road ahead. The radio is set to one of the local country stations which is currently playing "Letters From Home". But you can't hear it because you're talking to a family member or friend on your cell phone. You catch a glance at the Army sticker on the bumper of my car but you don't know when the song reaches "my dearest love it's almost dawn, I've been laying here all night long, wondering where you might be", my heart breaks a thousand times.I'm the girl who visits the Army web site at odd hours of the night to find some kind of comfort for that lonesome feeling that has settled in the pit of my stomach.I'm the woman who has fought an inner battle, trying to accept the path the man I love has chosen. I'm the woman who will willingly sacrifice my family, my home to follow a man clear across the country. I'm the woman who never asked for this but deals with it without complaint.I'm the young woman who swells with pride everytime I see my Soldier standing tall in his uniform. I'm the one who spots an Army sticker, license plate, or flag and feels a connection with its owner, hoping that maybe I'm not alone in this melancholy, sacrificial situation.I am the young woman who tries to hide her tears whenever she recieves a call from her Soldier. Knowing that no matter what the problem is that he still loves her. Whether or not shes red & blotchy. I am the young woman who holds her breath everytime she recieves an unknown call. Worried that somewhere her heart may be breaking.I am the young woman who tries her hardest to go about my everyday life. I am the young woman who tries to concentrate during my classes and do the job I get paid to do. I am the young woman who hates sleeping alone. I am the young woman who closes my eyes and pretends that the man I love is laying there next to me, his arms wrapped around me. I am the young woman who tries not to miss him, who tries not to cry whenever I hear his name or even the mention of Soldiers. I am the woman who is terrified that the love of my life will be sent off to war.I am many things.A daughterA sisterA nieceA friendBut most importantly, I am the girlfriend of a United States Solider."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Stump Home said...

aaaaaawww. Did you register w/ that site I sent you? I hope so!!!