Monday, October 8, 2007

Last few days

I was so damn tired l st night that i went to bed at 9pm...now, those of you who know me, know that I don't usually go to bed before midnight...I was exhausted..I babysat all last week, then Friday night took 5 boys to the bowling ally...3 of them only to sit and watch while the older boys bowled...Denny never showed up at the bowling ally..then we can back here, and still no Denny...I wasn't about to miss the Motorcycle parade, so me and 5 boys walked into town for it...I have a hell of a time seeing in the dark, so i told them if they didn't stay close we would turn around and come back and they wouldn't be able to watch them...There were so many there, it was great!! Denny finally showed up to pick the boys up after the parade was done...

Saturday morning i went to the car show in town, and i expected it to be dull, and lifeless, because well, this is Bangor...But there were a ton of cars...Not as many as would be in Kalamazoo of course, but the streets were filled with them...Absolutely beautiful....I love old cars, and i love motorcycles, so its was great...they were playing music in town, and everyone seemed to be in such great spirits...It was hot as hell though....I cant believe we are having 90 degree weather in October...I had taken a shower just before walking into town, and by the time i got home i had to take another because it was so humid...after that i went into plainwell and picked up my mom and we went to see my gma, and then off to my aunts for a bon fire...we got back to my moms at 1am...I was tired from being hot all day, so i went straight to bed...Even though i was so tired, it took me till 3 am to fall asleep, then i woke about every half hour....my gmas bed was so uncomfortable...I don't know how she sleeps on it...s

Sunday we got up at 7 am...went and picked up my gma from the nursing home for the morning, and we went to vineyard cafe to have a memorial type thing for my uncle Dan...It was so wonderful...So many people showed up...my gma paid for all the coffee for the whole restaurant from open to close for the day in memory of my uncle...It was great to finally be able to do this...It was like there was no closure, and like we never really had the chance to say good bye...he died in Arizona, and had his ashes spread on a mountain there...He was an amazing man, and the fact that all those people showed up to remember him was such an awesome feeling, and my family appreciates it so much...He was a wild child kind of guy, but so respected...the kind that would have given you the last piece of bread even if he was hungry...it was an emotional morning as some of his old buddies from as far back as high school told stories...laughing and crying..it was beautiful...i know, its been a year since he died, but he was my favorite man, and such a beautiful human, and we finally got our goodbyes...My family is grateful to everyone who showed up, and to Vineyard Cafe in Lawton for doing this special thing for us...

After the memorial, my mom and I took my gma back, and then went to the house to move some more boxes around...her garage was just over run with boxes of stuff still...so we took a bunch in, and moved the rest of them around to make more space...it was hot Sunday too...i got home, and stood in the shower fora long time..lol...the boys got home at 8pm all showered so that i didn't have to do it...was very nice of there daddy to do that...I still cant believe i went to bed at 9pm!

Nick got back to Hawaii today....I am soooo glad for that...He gets his Internet back up and running tomorrow, so i will finally get to see his face on web cam again...getting text messages from him again was so great too...It had been a while since i had gotten some...1 here and there when he had enough of a signal, but not many...He called me this morning at 2am to say he was back...I called him this morning, when i got up, he was headed to bed after hanging out with a buddy for a while...cant wait to talk to him again this afternoon...he said i could call, but its been a while since he got to sleep in his own bed, so I'm not gonna bug him just yet...soon though..lol...a little over 3 weeks and i get to see him again! i cant wait....

No comments: