Friday, November 23, 2007

Another Day

Yesterday went ok...we got up early in the morning becuase logan got up before the sun, and turned on all the lights for some reason...We watched the parade for a little while, but it didtn take long for them to lose interest...I can remember as a child watching the whole thing with my mom...but maybe thats the difference between boys and girls...after breakfast we decorated the tree...i had already put the lights on it...the boys had a great time putting the ornaments on...lol, i had to rearange them a bit when they werent looking...

i made a turkey instead of ham...my neighbor brought down a turkey because they had too many...well, the turkey ended up dry, at least to me...the kids liked it though...ive just never been a big fan of it anyway....all they ate was turkey and busquits...they didnt eat any of the side dishes that i had made...so i basically worked all day on nothing, becuase they didnt appreciate it anyway...we had apple pie and pumpkin pie for desert...of course they liked that.lol...

I missed Nick terribly yesterday...and the twins were cranky for some reason...in all it was just like anyother day, except im tired today from working my ass off to make it a great day...Nick had overnight duty wednesday night, and only had about an hour and a half sleep before he headed off to his Thanksgiving dinner...he went to a buddies house...not sure how that went, because i havent heard from him since 9pm last night...so i am waiting to hear if he had a good time....I just missed him so much yesterday...it just seemed there was something missing from the day....

it is snowing today...its beautiful...i love the snow...what a great way to start the holiday season....I wanted to go shopping this morning...i always loved being a part of the holiday crowd after Thanksgiving...made the holiday season feel as if it were started off right...I didnt get to go this year...The boys want to go out in the snow, but i dont have boots for them yet...seems i always wait till the last minute...i should have learned by now...Michael and Logan bowl tonight even though its a holiday weekend...thats ok though, gives us a reason to get out of the house...the rest of the weekend will most likely be spent here at home, just hanging out...I will post some pictures of yesterday in a bit...i dont seem to have the energy right now...

1 comment:

Stump Home said...

awww I am sorry it seemed so rough for you. The kids were probably just not used to being at home. Once you start making your own traditions, it will be better.

:-) HUGS!

Dan and I have been arguing all day about Christmas decorations. I have decided to just do them all alone tomorrow when the kids are at school and he is at work. I can't handle when he wants to rearranged the whole damn house. It makes me overly stressed and I can't handle it. UGH!