Wednesday, November 21, 2007

For these things i am Thankful

There are so many things in this life that have changed the last couple of years, and often times i have lost sight of what is true and pure in all of it...sometimes life just gets in the way and we forget to stop and really think about things..So for all these things i am thankful...Not listed in order.lol...

The most important thing i am thankful for is my family...This family includes my boys, who have been my four anchors when i thought the sea of life would wash me away...my little angels have made my life so wonderful, and they are such a blessing...My mom for giving me confidence and strength, and a sense of pride of who i am...and for teaching me to be happy with who i am...My gma for being there my whole life...and for always being the one i could turn to with my every day problems...For those of my family that have died in the last year, i am thankful for the many years i had them with me...I am thankful for Nick...i love you soldier boy, you have showed me what its like to feel loved, and to know that i can be accepted the way i am...for loving me without boundaries and limits...for wanting me to follow my dreams, and for letting me be me...I am so greatful to you for allowing me the time to truely grieve and find myself, and for waiting till i was ready to move on...You are truly my best friend, and the mate to my soul...

I am thankful for my home...its cramped feeling at times, buti have a solid roof over my head...a place where the boys and i can lay our heads at night and dream our dreams...its a place we gather every night to be a family...

i am thankful for my old friends and the new ones...without you guys i would have been drowning in my own pity...

Thank you to my neighbor who brought down a turkey he had earlier, they had an extra and decided to give it to me...very much appreciated....

For the Military...to the families who send there loved ones overseas to defend our freedom...ive seen you say your good byes...to the mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, wives and girlfriends left behind to worry...And to the soldiers who put there lives on the line every day, and spend the holidays in a place that isnt so friendly...I will be thinking of you and thanking you as i sit down to dinner with my boys...

my soldier, im gonna miss you for these holidays, and the next ones...i will be thinking of how lovely it woudl be to have you sitting at the table with us...we will all be wishing you were here..

to mother earth, and father sky, for giving us the means to have this type of dinner...you will be remember in our blessing at dinner time...



ok, so i am really really excited about dinner tomorrow...this will be the first time i ever did a thanksgiving dinner...we always went to denny's moms house, and last year he had the boys...so this year i have them, and im just giddy about it....we are going to get up and eat messy donuts while watching the holiday parade...then decorate the tree...then im gonna start dinner while they watch a christmas movie..i really cant wait for it...i need this to lift me up this week...i am missing nick really bad, and dreading the upcoming stuff...i hope the day goes well, and that i dont dwell too much...

have a great Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Stump Home said...

So how'd it go???!!! :-)