Thursday, December 27, 2007

a sigh of relief!

Christmas is over! I am so relieved...I took my tree down the day after christmas, and usually i leave it up till new years day...but i just couldnt stand looking at it anymore...I wasnt sure i would hear from Nick on xmas day, because they were gonna be traveling that day...but he managed to call me at about 6am xmas morning...i was so excited to hear from him...He said he was leaving ina couple hours to do his traveling...The phone ringing woke the boys up...thats why we were up so early..but that ok...I was exhausted by that night though because i didnt go to sleep till 2am...xmas eve sucked! it was when i was most emotional...but xmas day made me feel a little better...when the kids were all fully awake we opened presents, then spent the morning cleaning up wrapping paper,and getting them ready to go to daddies house for more presents...i headed to my mom and gmas after that...was a nice time over there...I was kind of the odd girl out, the 5th wheel on that day..it was my gma and her boyfriend, and my mom and her boyfriend, then there was me...my mom had taken some pictures of me and nick while he was home on leave, and she had a cd made, and a bunch of pictures printed up for me for xmas...they turned out nice...if you want to see them they are on my photobucket, you can message me for the link...or they are on my myspace...
the boys came back from there dads last night, but are there again for an extended weekend with him so they can have a little extra time with him on there winter break...not sure what i am gonna do with myself for 3 days at this point..i dont have anything to do...the house is in pretty good order...im sure i could do a deep cleaning, but sounds like no fun! so, i will do some writing and reading....grocery shopping tomorrow so that i dont have to drag the kids shopping with me next week...Sunday i have to go to plainwell to take a shirt back for a different size...and spend a gift card i got for christmas to fashion bug! i love that store!!!
i was told that deployment wasnt easy, and that i needed to prepare myself...well, i had over a year to prepare, and it still has hit me harder then i thought it would...i thought because i was use to being ina long distance relationship that i would be able to deal no problem...ha, boy was i wrong! This has me on an emotional rollercoaster...i know once he gets settled it will be a hell of a lot easier...he will have internet access, but right now, there is very limited conversations...sometimes when he calls there is so much i want to tell him, but then i dont really end up telling him much of anything becuase im just so happy to hear his voice...i get to talk to him about every 2 days right now...which i know is more then what others get...its just taking me a while to get use to it...ive written him one letter a day since he left...he finally has a valid APO address so i can send them tomorrow when i get a big envelope...then ican send them as i write them...lol, he is gonna be overloaded with my writing...well not so much after he gets internet..
The boys andi had a great time together today...i got up and we ate breakfast..then watched a new movie i got them for xmas...after lunch we played with something called moon sand, they got it for xmas from denny's mom...its sand that never dries out, so they can build castles with it...wow what a mess!! but they had fun with it, so thats all that matters...its colored sand, so at first i was afraid it woudl stain stuff, but it dosnt...then we played with some other toys they got...it was a fun relaxing day...everyone got along...i love those days....well im off to relax and get some reading and writing in....

1 comment:

Stump Home said...

<3....

Nick is in our prayers sweetie...as are you all.