Tuesday, January 22, 2008

checking in

I am really slacking on the blog thing huh? Not really much in life has changed...pretty much the same old stuff every day...

The boys had a sleep over last weekend...they had alot of fun...at one point there were 11 kids here...we had a blast! 9 of the kids stayed the night...i let them put makeup on me, whew, i looked scary after that...I made some cupcakes and had different kinds of frosting, and sprinkles and let them decorate them all by themselves...

we got tons of snow over the weekend...it just kept coming down...then i woke up this morning and we were buried again....it snowed hard most of the day, i figured school would get called off early for the day but it didnt...

I had a meeting with some of the professionals at school for Logan today...he is falling behind, no matter what i do for him here at home he is just not doing well in school...Honestly, as many changes that have happened the last 2 years, it dosnt suprise me...we are gonna have his eyes tested too...i have a feeling he needs glasses...He is such a sweet boy...

I mailed out my first care package for Nick today...I was so excited to be able to do that for him..it was all Valentines stuff...i hope he likes it...ive been writing letters to him about every day...i miss him so much...we get to talk almost daily, there are some days we havent been able to, but most of the time its every day...He still dosnt have internet in his room...we figured he would have by now, but hasnt seemed to work out that way...

I have found comfort in this deployment through soldiersgirls.com ...every day these girls help me laugh, and cry and just make me feel ok about things...They are an unexpected light in my life, and i am so greatful for them...its a forum for those of us "other" halves of soldiers...i love it...its nice to have some place to turn where they understand what it is that i am going through..

Omg! i locked my keys in my van today...i was so freaked out...i was at the one school picking up the 3 younger kids, and still had to get michael...i had no way of unlocking it...So i had to call denny...i felt stupid having to call him...first i called him to see if he could give me the number to a tow truck or something, and he said he would come do it...so he unlocked the van with a hammer, screwdriver, and wire hanger..lol...i was so greatful, but felt stupid for having to call him to do it...he was very nice about it...

This weekend i am gonna try to go out with some friends...I need to get out of the house...its been too long since i have...i dont even care where i go, as long as i can get out...was thinking the bar...I am not drinking anymore, but i could dance and play pool and just hang out...or maybe a movie...i dont know, i just need to join civilization for a night...

I havent really heard much more about my divorce, but its still in progress...i cant wait till its over...i will feel so much relief...its been a long time coming, and i want to get on with things...

No comments: