Sunday, January 6, 2008

I am slacking

Well I am slacking on my blogging that is! With the kids being home on Winter break, i have been so busy...They keep me hopping thats for sure...santa brought them all baskets full of art supplies this year, and we have been playing and coloring, and playing games..all that fun stuff...by the end of the night, after cleaning it all up im exhausted...the boys clean up after themselves, but we have dark carpet, so every night i have to vacuum..and scrub the table toget all the glue and paint off it..lol...its worth it though...they are having a good time...

Last night i took the boys to Big boy in south haven for dinner...this is the first time i have taken them to a sit down dinner by myself...i was pretty nervous about how they would act with just one adult...we have been to the mcdonalds playland and stuff like that...but i havent taken themto a real sit down dinner by myself yet....they were angels...i was so impressed...in fact, everyone around me complimented them on their behavior...made me a very proud mom....we had a lil incident in the bathroom though....Steven made a bit of a mess on the toilet seat...i can understand though....those public toilet seats are not made for kids....especially not in the mens room...but thats the only problem we had....having dinner out with my boys was a wonderful experience...makes me smile just thinking about it

So, i have no water right now! My pipes froze up the night it got so cold, and havent thawed yet...its been a couple days with no water...i am hoping with as warm as it is getting today that they thaw enough to let some water through...i need a shower!!!! Michigan weather is so darn crazy!!! the other day it got down to 10 degrees...today, right now, its 43 degrees....how crazy it that...its so muddy out...we had a ton of snow, and its all melting now...

I have been able to talk to Nick more then i was before..he still dosnt have internet...he said he should be getting it this week...he is sharing a room, and says he has just enough room to stand up...being in such tight spaces would drive me insane! He did get a cell phone, but he dosnt get a signal in his room, and barely one anywhere else....so anytime he has called lately, its been pretty frustrating...still hearing his voice is great no matter what! There was one day i talked to him twice, and once the next day...it was so wonderful having that much contact...i cant wait till i can see him on web cam...i need to get a headset so that i can talk to him on yahoo voice...He seems to be in pretty decent spirits...I am glad for that....i have my days where im fine, and the next day, i am so anxious about everything...I missed yesterdays phone call while i was at dinner wtih the boys...makes me feel bad when i miss his calls...

I have made some really great contacts, and a wonderful support system to get me through while he is gone...It helps to have people who relate to what your going through...I want to thank Breanna and Desi for that...they are the ones that told me to look into it....and even found some links for me...the forums, and yahoo groups have been very helpful to me, and ive even been able to help others...Thanks girls....

well, gotta get back to the boys, its our last day before the go back to school...Hope everyone had a great Holiday....


Photobucket

2 comments:

Stump Home said...

We go back Tuesday....I cannot wait! :-) Enjoy your peace and quiet.

Tara S. said...

lol, erin, i was gonna call on the national guard if you didnt comment on one of my blogs soon...i was afraid i had said something to upset you..lol..its been so long since i got a comment, i wasnt sure if you were reading them at all...lol...dont scare me like that..lol(kidding!)