Friday, February 1, 2008

hiding out

So, right now im hiding in my room...this day has proven to be just too much for me...I am sick, again...The twins and I had the stomach flu over the weekend, logan had it last week...and i was just getting over that when steven and I started to get sick with a bad cold...now steven is getting over it, and dominic is coming down with it...it hasnt calmed down for me yet...i feel like shit...the only relief i get is in a hot steamy shower, and well, seems how the hot water runs out, i cant stand in there forever! Being sick happens, but being sick, and trying to take care of sick kids too, well, that just sucks...for once i just want to be taken care of when i am sick...

And becuase i am sick, i am extremely sensitive to the fact that nick is in Iraq...I am really missing him today, to the point of feeling like I cant even thing straight(could be the cold meds)...I havent really had so much contact with him, and I am missing the text messages, the night time talk, the silly little flirting on yahoo messenger...I am just missing my man...the one I talk to about everything, yes, everything...he is so far away, hes always been so far away, but this is totally different...the last 2 phone conversations havent been muchof anything...im greatful for the sound of his voice, but neither one of us has been doing anything, so there isnt much to talk about...

I feel like an aweful mom this week...im too sick and tired to be much of one...not to mention that today was the boys 3rd snow day this week...they are bored, and tired of being in the house with me...there are times when i just wish i could call on someone to come help me with the kids so that i can take a nap, but i cant...there are weeks and weeks that i can go without seeing the face of a friend or family..i just live too far away...

so what it comes down to today is, im sick, im tired, im missing my man....now its time for me to throw on my big girl panties, and sneak out of my room to get on with the day...

1 comment:

Stump Home said...

/HUGS

If I was closer I'd have brought a big crock pot full of chicken noodle soup (homemade) for you all. Dan has the flu too. UGH! I am thinking about you.