Tuesday, February 12, 2008

quiet house

Its so nice this morning...my house is quiet! 5 out of the last 11 school days have been cancelled due to weather...The ups and downs of the weather here are just crazy! I think I am ready for spring...I like the snow, but I am ready for some decent weather...

The boys were all sick last week...Michael, steven and dominic seem to have a really bad cold, and Logan ended up with strep throat...not sure how one got it and none of the others did, but who knows...Logan missed the whole week of school last week...Michael actually missed some days too, and he hardly ever misses school...There was one day he spent the whole day just laying in bed, and didnt eat anything...and for those of you who know michael, you know thats a big deal...he rarely sits still for more then 10 minutes...I finally have all there health insurance worked out....thats is a huge relief for me..now i can schedule Logans MRI again...

I am still hanging on to this sinus crap...but im not feeling sick anymore...just extremely tired...I had thought about going back to bed this morning to catch up on some of my lost sleep from the boys being sick, but decided to get this done, and then make out a grocery list....I am way past due on my shopping, but with all the kids home sick, its been impossible...So, im gonna wait around to see if Nick calls or gets online,then I am heading out...I havent talked to him in what seems like forever....I am missing him pretty bad right now..not to mention being worried crazy...I think im more wore out from worrying, then from being sick....there has been alot happening over there lately....

Things with us are good...Ive been trying to write him about a letter a day, sometimes its every other day...not sure how many i have sent so far, but there are alot.lol...bye the time he comes home, it will be enough to fill a journal...some days it just seems like i am floating through life till he gets home...there are times that it seems so unreal that he really is in a war zone...even after 2 months my mind still can wrap itself around that fact...oh, yep, thats right, its been 2 months...we have gotten through 2 months of him being deployed...i keep hearing about how all these military guys pushed there girlfriends away before deployment, but that didnt happen with us...if anything, it feels like it has made us even stronger...i guess the experience is different for everyone, but for us, that part just didnt happen...

Saturday i went to Nicks parents house...I had a good time...they are redoing the kitchen and i helped scrape wallpaper...and did a little painting....i was still feeling pretty icky, so i dont think i was much help, but at least i got to spend time with them...i just love his family....the way they get together, and have a good time...some of the girls were painting, and i think they got more paint on them then the wall, it was funny to watch..lol...i was gonna stay there that night, but between the drywall dust, and the weather, i was needing to come home..the drywall dust was making me feel worse, and the weather was getting bad, and i didnt want my pipes to freeze...so i came home....i ended up sleeping 12 hours that night! i havent slept that long in forever!

so anyway, im off to make my shopping list..have a good day!

No comments: