Thursday, March 13, 2008

There is this woman whose oldest son has been in school with Michael since before kindergarten...for some reason she has latched on to me for friendship and im not exactly sure why! the ONLY thing we have in common is that our kids have been in school together for so long...and im telling you, this woman drives me crazy!

first, like i said, we have nothing in common....im not much of a girly girl, and she is very much so....she is always having little tea type parties, or parties for tupperware and stuff like that...and she gets all butt hurt cuz i dont want to go to them...i dont have a good time, and i dont have the money to spend on that crap...or the space for it..it just fills my house with things i dont need...

then, she is so socially unacceptable....she can take a quiet situation and turn it into a place that sounds like its filled with 50 people...she talks loud, and she laughs even louder....but she talks quietly when no one else is around....so, it feels to me like she is doing it for attention....

and omg the school situation...she is in her kids face all the dang time! she walks them to class every morning, wont let them play outside before school...goes and has lunch with them at school so they cant play with othe kids then either...wont even let the school punish her children for things they do...she tells them she will deal with it when they get home....i am all for being a huge part of your childrens education, but this just seems to go to far...she is holding them back from being socially independant...her boys are good boys, and i dont understand why she feels the need to let them have a little bit of independance...i am in constant contact with my boys teachers, but i think a part of the learning process is to learn to be social also...i think that is a huge part of life...how can a child grow and be who they were meant to be if a parent is constantly in there face....i know alot of people disagree with me, but its just how i feel....

2 comments:

Stump Home said...

I don't disagree. You have to have slack in the rope you have on your kid's! Social skills are JUST as important ans education in my opinion. They also need room to have growing pains. There is appropriate times to go to bat for your kids, like I recently did for my daughter and the whole ballet situation. THAT was more of a the whole rule needs to be revised and not just necessarily about her.

I don't know why some mother's feel the need to be completely attatched at the hip to their kids. I like my breaks. I also LOVE it when they are around. I will go in when I need to. I think it takes great wisdom and strength to let them become their own person.

Woot to you!

Tara S. said...

i definately think what you are doing for your daughter is justified...its a silly rule! and its great her momma is trying to change that...

i think it is just as important too..and i have daily contact with the teachers, but its there classroom, and they should run it the way they need to, unless of course there is a big problem...

my kids teachers hardly ever punish the kids..they just send a note home...by the time the kids get home, they have no idea why they are getting in trouble...