Sunday, December 21, 2008

What about family

I seriously find myself sitting here today swearing at me...kinda funny huh...but this is why...

I always told myself i wouldnt use this time of year as a major gift giving time..that instead i would enjoy life as it is, and be happy with it all...This year i found myself stressing over the fact that i am broke, and cant give my boys the kind of Holiday i want them to have...

What i forgot to do was be thankful for what i have...and compared to alot of people, I have it pretty good...is it a life of money and fame...heck no...but its a life with the family i created, and the smiles i see on my boys faces every day after school when i get to be the one to pick them up...I am honestly not sure i would change any of that for anything in the world...

So this is me telling my boys how much I love them, and that mommy is sorry for being so stressed about something that wont be changing...I found myself putting a label on the Holidays just like most others...it makes me sick to think i fell into that category again...

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I know where you're coming from Tara, but it's so hard when you see the commercials on TV and dodge that last minute shopping drivers on the road.

So many of us lose the true meaning of this holiday. To be thankful for all we already have and especially the people we love ~ what greater gift can we possibly pay money for? My son and I don't have much in the way of material things, but we are richer than many, because we have love. Just as you and your boys do!

simplesophistication87 said...

Hope you guys have a merry Christmas!