Thursday, May 7, 2009

looking back

Its really hard to believe that this part of our journey is almost over...we have done this long distance thing for almost 3 years now, and its almost time to start down a new road...There was never a time i wondered if it would be better if we parted ways...Not once we actually got together...The road to get to that was a little bumpy...but we both held on...my man, my best friend, has been so far from me for so long...this part of our lives is ending, and will be just a memory...I have so much respect for what he does, and who he is...The job he did was a hard one...a job i wouldn't honestly wish on most people...it has its price to pay..its own burdens to carry..

I am so proud of my soldier boy...i can call him that one last time, because as of tomorrow he will be a civilian! This is a time in our lives filled with so much emotion, i cant even really begin do describe it...a part of me will miss it, but most of me is really really relieved to just have him home with us, where he belongs...No more long goodbyes...

as this part of our lives comes to an end, so many of you are just beginning...all i can say really is have faith, and be strong..you can do this..you will do this..and you will come out stronger on the other side...this experience has changed me...it has shown me patience i never knew i had...with my love so far away, i knew i had to be...people are gonna tell you its not worth it, move on, find someone who can give you their time...but im telling you, hold on to what you have, because a soldiers heart is like gold...priceless...

i would not have changed things, because in changing things, it would have made our relationship different...and we have a bond i wouldn't wish to ever change..

2 comments:

Amanda and Co. said...

I'm happy it's almost over for you. :)

I'm going to use that montage, if you don't mind. It's beautiful.

Tara S. said...

i dont mind at all! i found it on youtube..

yay! its almost over!