Thursday, November 5, 2009

lunch date!

It is so good to be able to say "i have a lunch date with Nick"...I waited so long for life to be like that. to have him home, and not have to say the long goodbyes anymore. he has been home since spring, and already sometimes i forget to appreciate it. I am sorry for that. life sometimes gets in the way, and we get so busy. but i promise to remember every day that my man came home, safe. I have this chance to be with him. we are not thousands of miles away anymore. we can go on a date if we want, or sit and snuggle on the couch. we can lay with each other every night, no more hugging a pillow instead. Now that i have him home, i often forget what it took to get here. the internet dates, the long hours on the phone, the worrying and wondering. I will NEVER forget what it feels like to have him deployed. It sucked. but here we are, where we belong. as a family. i will be eternally greatful for this time, and i will make a point not to take it for granted.

It makes my heart so happy to know that i get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. I wish everyone could be so lucky!

So, im off to get ready for my lunch date with my man!!!! a first for us...i love life :)

1 comment:

BonnieW said...

Isn't that a great feeling? I was thinking about this the other day. I am so thankful to have Josh home! With his old unit fast approaching another deployment, this time to Afghanistan, its a reminder that I am so blessed to have my husband home and not have to worry about a deployment again.

I agree that we will never forget what its like to have your SO deployed, but I am so happy its over.

I hope you had fun on your lunch date :)