Sunday, August 8, 2010

08/08/10

I have just finished a longer week at work then I am use to, and I am exhausted.  I work today, then have tomorrow off, and work the next 5 days after that.  Will make for a couple of good paychecks, thats for sure.  Good thing seems how I still need a car.  If anyone knows of one nearbye that is inexpensive, but reliable, please let me know.  I really am in desperate need of something.

Yesterday, Nick got up early and went fishing with his dad and nephew.  I think this is the first time he has gone this summer.  He had a good time.  I stayed home and just pampered myself a little, had some quiet time (too much of that lately).  After he got home, we went looking around at cars, but really didnt find anything under 3k.  That is kind of frustrating.  You use to be able to find a halfway decent car for cheap, but now you just cant.  After that, we went to a coworkers 25th anniversary party.  That was fun.  we stayed for a couple of hours, then it was time to go to our next adventure.  We went to ribfest, had some food, and watched The Verve Pipe.  It was a good show.  They did a lot of kids songs though.  Too bad the boys werent with us.  They would have enjoyed it alot.

It didnt use to bother me to go into crowds like that.  But everyone seems to think the only way they can have a good time is to get stone cold drunk, and spill their drinks all over you.  I cant even count how many times I got pushed around by some drunk dumbass.  I like a drink now and then too...but damn.

Things are really good lately.  I have been having some insecurity issues, but I am working on that.  I often feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Some new bomb that I have to deal with.  Sometimes I feel like I am holding my breath, or walking on eggshells, just to stop those kind of things from happening. 

Some friends of ours are moving today.  I am so happy for them.  They are moving out of a trailer park they hate, and into a nice neighborhood.  Nick is there helping them move today, while I am at work.  I hope I can go see there place, and maybe help do a little unpacking tonight.  We will see.  I cant wait to see it all set up.

We are thinking when our lease is up, that we will start looking for a house to rent.  We like where we are living, but top floor is hot, and carrying stuff up is a pain.  We took the apartment, because at the time we felt we had no choice.  I do love it, but by then I am pretty sure we will be ready for a house.  Hopefully when the time comes, there will be some decent ones available.

This next week is another heavy work week.  Not heavy like some of you work, but heavier then I am use to.  I love all the extra hours.  Next weekend will be busy also, as will the weekend after that.  Next weekend we have a party to go to on Saturday, after I get out of work, and then Sunday, and bday party to go to.  Lately it seems we are never home.

Well, I am off to try to find something to do.

No comments: