Thursday, September 23, 2010

I am back :)

Did you miss me? I am not even sure who reads this, but hopefully my long absence hasnt lost everyone who does.

I would like to say that my busy life has kept me from blogging, but really I think I just had no interest in writing for a while.  Well, and I have been busy also.

I have an extra day at work now.  It was added on because the other girl is back in school.  I love the extra hours, but I really miss my boys.  I work 3 nights a week, and 1 daytime shift.  It gets a little crazy around here. On the weeks that the kids go to their dads house, I only see them Wednesday nights.  I dont like that so much.  But I figure if I hang in there long enough, it will pay off.  I have been at my job for 10 months, and I still like it just as much as I ever did.  I enjoy the people I work with, and my bosses are really great.  I can see myself working there for a long time.

Nick has been laid off for the season.  It sucks, and I am kinda freaked out about the money situation, but its not the end of the world.  He has done some interviews, and I have no doubt he will find something soon enough.  Hopefully it is something he enjoys instead of just something that will pay the bills.

The boys seem to really like their new school.  Of course its still school, so they have some complaints, but in the end, they seem to enjoy themselves.  They come home happy instead of stressed.  This new school really pushes them to reach for the stars..They teach them its cool to be smart.  The boys have homework almost every night.  We have been working hard on spelling words, and reading.  I think this new start is exactly what they needed.  They are being challanged in every aspect of their lives.  We have decided not to put them in sports or anything extra this year.  They need to focus on catching up as much as possible.  So, it is all about school for them right now. 

My biggest issue with the new school so far, is the lack of bus routes .  Its car pool all the way.  We take them, and pick them up every day. Traffic is so congested, but for the most part, the school seems to handle it well.  The parents dont always.

Nick and I are doing well.  We are enjoying being a married couple, and taking in all the moments we can.  Nick has taken up golf, and disk golf.  He actually joined a league for disk golfing and seems to really love it.  His last day is next week.  Then it will start back up in the spring.

We are still loving being in Kalamazoo.  I really dont miss Bangor.  It felt like such a trap to me.  There were no jobs, and not a lot to do.  It takes me 10 minutes to get to work, and I never really lack anything to do.  There is so much here.  I could do without living on the 3rd floor of course.  But we dont get any noise from above us at all.

the boys really enjoyed summer.  We spend alot of time at the pool, I tried to keep them as busy as possible.

It is crazy hot here right now, and our air conditioner keeps freezing up.  so its really warm in the apartment.  I am tired of being hot, im ready for fall weather.  I want to be able to go outside and be comfortable.  I am sooo over the humidity!

Well enough for now, I hope I updated everything...be back soon

No comments: