Friday, April 8, 2011

not paying soldiers? huh?

I am so appalled by our government right now.  How can they seriously think that not paying our soldiers is the right thing to do? What are those families suppose to do.  These people put their lives on the line every day, and they want them to do it without pay.  Maybe we should put the politicians in the middle of the war and see how they feel about it then.  Just sayin..

Nick is not a soldier anymore, but financially this could really screw us, and that makes me very nervous.  We both have decent jobs, but in this day and age, we just don't make enough to pay for everything.  We don't even have car payments, and we don't make enough.  At this point in our lives, we rely on BAH from school to help us pay rent.  ugh..Its a scary situation.

So, this next week is going to be a crazy week for me.  My coworker is gone on vacation, and I will be working all daytime hours.  Its like a dream come true, I swear.  I will be home every night next week to take care of my family.  That never  happens.  I am really excited about it.  Of course, I go back to night time  hours when she comes back, but right now, who can complain as long as I am getting some hours.

I woke up sick this morning.  I haven't been sick since the first week of school for the kids.  I don't think it will be a bad one, just a cold, and a bit of a sore throat, but its enough to make me feel it.  I am bulking up on the vitamins, and Olive Leaf.  Olive leaf should knock it out of my system fast.  I love that stuff...

The boys go back to school on Monday.  I don't think they are too excited about it, but at least they have had a bit of a break.  It has been crappy weather for spring break.

No comments: