Sunday, June 12, 2011

A lot of things

I don't think I have ever gone this long without posting a blog.

The boys have 2 more days and then its summer vacation. They are getting pretty excited about it. I am but I'm not. It means I don't have to get up so early, but it also means that I have to share them every other week, and I don't like doing that. Steven doesn't want to go there every other week, and I don't know about the rest of them. This is home, and summers disrupt that for them.


 

This school year has been amazing for them. I am so excited to see what accomplishments they make next school year. The school has done wonders for them. They were so far behind, and now they are closer to the grade levels they should be at. They have all come out of their shells. Logan wants to play the saxophone next year, I think that would be an amazing experience for him. Something that would really boost his confidence.

There was an awards ceremony for Steven, Dominic, and Logan last week. Logan got 4 awards, and Dominic got three. Steven got one. There is a highest award called the principals award that goes to 1 student per class. Steven and Dominic both got one. I am so proud of all of them.

Work is going well. I have been moved from the Kalamazoo store, to the portage store. I am really enjoying the added responsibilities of being there. It keeps me motivated. I don't have to drive as far, so it's better for my van.

Nick is still working the same job. It's a good job, not what he wants to do for the rest of his life, but it works for now. He has gone through all his reviews, and is now waiting to be hired in. He only has 2 more quarters until he is done with ITT Tech. He doesn't really like it there, so he is going to try to go somewhere else for his last 2 years.

My birthday was yesterday, and I was not well. I was ok in the morning, but by night my pain was unbearable. My teeth are bad, they have been for a few years. Recently they have gotten worse. But unfortunately, without insurance, a dentist won't help me. So yesterday the pain in my jaw became enough to send me to the ER, on my birthday. They gave me some antibiotics, and vicodin, and told me to see a dentist. Gave me a paper with the name of a clinic that will help me. Now I just need to get there and have it taken care of.

Besides the ER trip, my birthday went well. We had a meeting at work first thing in the morning, with coffee and doughnuts. Then nick and I went to breakfast. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do, because I already wasn't feeling well. We decided to go to binder park zoo. That was amazing. I love to see that kind of stuff. It was a great day for it. Not hot and humid.

So, I have started making jewelry. I made a facebook page for it, a lot of my stuff isn't posted yet, but I am working on it. I sell it almost as fast as I make it. I need to make enough to have a booth somewhere, but they just keep selling. Make sure to like my page, its http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Taras-Beads-and-Things/197599790265033 . I really enjoy doing it, it is so relaxing. Maybe one day I will really make some money off of it.

My mom and gma are selling their house. They have decided that Michigan is not the place for them to be. So they will be Arizona bound next spring or summer. I knew it was coming sooner or later.

No comments: