Sunday, October 23, 2011

See you again one day Aunt Sue

I have never seen a family bonded together they way I see my in-laws. It is amazing to me the way they all come together when things happen. Good and bad. They pull off of each others strength in the times that they really need it. It is something you dont see very often anymore in families.

Aunt Sue passed away on Friday, October 21. She was an amazingly fantastic woman, and her absense will be felt for a very long time. I was drawn to her from the moment I met her. This family has lost a true gem of a woman. I cant even imagine what her daughter is going through. She has now lost both of her parents to cancer.

My father in law called me on Friday morning and asked me to get ahold of Nick. I called him home from work. Telling him she was on the edge of passing was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. It was a rough day indeed.

I wasnt able to be there with him when she passed. I had to get the kids off to there dads. I was just on my way when we got the call that it was over. I know there will be more to come in the future, but to see that kind of pain in my husbands eyes is one of the worst things ever. He was very close to her. It has been an emotional weekend for sure.

No comments: