Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

I love Christmas time, but it can be so very stressful.  This year especially.  Not only am I working full time now, but also taking classes.  I feel like my patience is thinly spread this season.  I can only stretch so far on my time, before I am late for everything.  My assignments should come first at this point, but I find myself putting them off because I feel guilty secluding myself in the office to do my work, when my family wants to spend time with me. 

With that being said, we had an amazing Christmas.  This was the first time in a long time that we were able to spoil the boys a bit.  It felt good.  I know they don't need to be spoiled to be happy, but I wanted nothing more than to get them what they really wanted this year.  And we did.  Financially it has been a rough couple of years, but after me getting a full time job, it is all coming together nicely.  We are catching up on bills, and that feels amazing.  I still stress a little every month, but not as bad.  Our landlord has been kind, but frustrated, and we are finally close to being completely caught up with him.

This is the last week that I will have more than one class for a while.  I decided that two at a time is too much.  My classes are only 8 weeks long, and I do the same amount of work in 8 weeks, that most people would do in 12-16 weeks.  It has been a very stressful few months, and now that I know what to expect, I know not to take more than one at a time.

No comments: